Anthracnose remedy?

A specific issue? ...
jsilberm

Anthracnose remedy?

I have healthy/hearty mango trees in Hawaii. Strong and flowering every year. But the abundance of rain feeds the anthracnose fungus, which destroys any newly pollenated fruit.

Any remedies for anthracnose, or for fungus in general? Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Mark
Site Admin

Re: Anthracnose remedy?

Hello Hawaii

If you put 'Anthracnose' into the search box here you get the following:

Bell. Belladonna
Calc. Calcarea Carbonica
Carb-v. Carbo Vegetabilis
Sal-ac. Salicylicum Acidum
Nat sal Natrum Salicylicum
Oci-bas Ocymum Minimum / Basilicum
Sat Satureia Hortensis
Arn. Arnica Montana

Perhaps have a look at those and see if any fit your situation.

If you are thinking biodynamically then the majority of fungal issues are due to overactive etheric/moon forces and there are a few preparations which address this situation - 501, 508 and more.

You can also read a free paper that Glen Atkinson has put together on the subject here - and consider some of his products such as FG4 and SilicaMax

Please report back on what you try and what happens as a result. Thanks
Mark
Site Admin

From the BdMax literature:

Fungal

With fungal issues Dr Steiner suggested that this problem arises often as a result of too much watery and calcium activity, which in turn suppresses the Silica activities. To help with this circumstance we have FG4. As we are wanting to effect the environmental cause of these problems, we suggest FG4 be used throughout the whole growing season, so that the new growth can be influenced by its activity. Growers using FG4 have noticed that the plants susceptibility to disease diminishes year on year. Every year the instance of disease seems to reduce. Many different fungal issues have been addressed with FG4.

BdMax’s unique approach to common problems makes our products one more spoke in the wheel of things available to you the grower to help achieve successful crops, without killing everything else along the way.
Mark
Site Admin

Anthracnose & Nematode Remedies

Question asked of V.D. Kaviraj:

We are growing bell pepper in a greenhouse in India. There are two major diseases which are destroying our crop time and again: Anthracnose & Broad ( Polyphagotarsonemus latus). Please guide us to how can we treat them using homeopathy.
At present our farm is free from nematodes, but I feel they are waiting to come. Is there is any way to avoid them using homeopathy?
Kaviraj answers:
The best way to combat anthracnose is by Salicylic acid or Natrum salicylicum. It can be used both as a remedy and as a prophylactic. Nematodes can be avoided and treated with Calendula or Tagetus, which both have nematicide properties. If you plant a few marigolds in between the rows of plants, nematodes will never plague the crop.
Ask the Plant Doctor April 2010 - https://hpathy.com/agroh.../ask-the-pla ... pril-2010/
To learn more about Anthracnose: https://content.ces.ncsu.edu/anthracnose-of-pepper
Pepper photo courtesy of NC State Extension
SusanR

Hello, so interesting to find this conversation happening because I was just logging in to share a positive experience treating fungal and bacterial disease.

First case: There's a well established lilac, planted before my time here but I'd guess at least 20 years old. After several days of high humidity this spring, all the blossoms were turning black and wilting. I believe this is lilac blight, a type of pseudomonas infection.

Second case: I planted about 50 Japanese walnuts from seed in 35-gallon fabric containers (eight per container). Most had sprouted well. The smaller ones, mostly just 2 - 6 inches tall, suddenly wilted and were turning dark as well at the same humid and warm time -- I have observed in other years that these heartnut trees don't do well with heavy humidity (neither do I) so I was watching them carefully. Still, it happened so fast, I was fairly sure most of those that were affected would die. This is probably fungal, not the same as the lilac disease, but they looked quite similar. My initial impression was of a blackish rot.

I sprayed both the lilac and the walnuts with Cupr 30C, just a quick spray on the foliage and stem, one time. The lilac blossoms dried up over the next couple of weeks (?) -- I was very busy and didn't even remove the sick parts. The plant therefore had very few flowers this year, but there is lots of healthy new growth and no sign of sickness on the plant now. With the walnut trees, I was amazed to find that most immediately started new growth as if nothing had occurred. They are several weeks behind in growth compared to the trees (right beside them in the same container) which were not affected. However most seem to be healthy now.

My reasoning was simply that people use copper sprays to control disease on fruit trees. I'm on a mission to tell my community, which is not listening at all, that potentized versions of conventional interventions are effective. Also, I wanted to act immediately, and I hope to treat as many problems as possible (and be able to recommend treatments) with a reasonable set of remedies, and most people who have a basic acute remedy kit will have Cuprum.

I would be very interested to hear if anyone sees Cuprum as constitutionally appropriate for fruit/nut trees?
Mark
Site Admin

Very timely Susan. There wasn't much activity with Cuprum in the materia medica but Kristina White recently gave a talk to Canadian homeopaths and she also finds Cuprum Metallicum a potent remedy. She is of the opinion that Cuprum is an ... "Important 'pesticide' for cabbage, eggplant, squashes, cucumber, potato, wine vines, and fruit trees." so it sounds like you have a kindred spirit there.

Where/what is your community?

I'm absolutely delighted that you have already added your experiences to the materia medica - many thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic