Certification and legalities

For sharing results, experiences and thoughts on preparations - biodynamic or other. These do not include 'peppers'
Mark
Site Admin

Certification and legalities

Post by Mark »

It seems that there are problems throughout the world in getting these potenitsed remedies through the legal process. I have heard recently from India and we have had to dance and weave to get through in the UK.

The process to getting them approved as inputs to organic and biodynamic land is negotiated in the UK. Currently in NZ things seem fairly straightforward but this may be made to follow the tricky route for the UK and Australia.

It is a strange thing - the remedies are 'just water' for the majority of the world but they are not going to ban irrigation. But add 10ml of this water to a Ha and it needs regulating. This is part of the dilemma that the powers that be face.

To meet the EU's PPPR we need to demonstrate efficacy and show that there are no unintended side effects. This costs around £50,000 per preparation. We have been advised to fly under the radar by avoiding any claims and so we are condemned to the vague language of those who really are trying to hoodwink buyers. Alternatively we can say that all effects are due to fertlilising activity of the ingredients. These then can bypass the laws. In Germany and Austria there is a scheme for preparations which are considered unable to cause harm but this is not EU-wide thing.

I hope that this site can go some way to stimulating interest amongst those who can afford to invest in such testing, or to provide enough interest so that the academic fraternity stop ignoring it.

You would think that a non-toxic form of agriculture is just what the world needs at the moment and it would be falling over itself to embrace our work.

That is the situation we find ourselves in and it is the one we must face. Keep doing the great research and we will see if we cannot put pressure on the powers that be to let us work and trade for the greater good.
Linda

Post by Linda »

I am curious who is trying to get through the traditional, legal routes so that homeopathic remedies can be applied to agricultural crops.

It took me several months, but with a little luck, I may have found the path through the Oregon Department of Agriculture. We shall see. I have to call the remedy an agricultural amendment and make no claims that are not substantiated by data. Since I am just getting started, I have no data. The way the system is set up in the United States, I have to go through a registration process in each state individually, for each remedy. I have submitted the paperwork for my first remedy and should know shortly what changes, if any are required.

I would like to hear about other successes.
Mark
Site Admin

Post by Mark »

Dr GSR Murthy in India, Iftikhar Waris in Pakistan and me in Europe.

My successes are similar to yours - you can use them if you claim nothing which the status quo can only imagine happening with chemicals such as morphological changes. You can state the remedies as soil or compost conditioners but if it seems like a fertliser you bring in the fertiliser act and if it does anything directly to the plant it brings on PPPR and if it is biocidal it brings in another set of legislation which I cannot currently remember. The word 'homeopathic' brings in the medicines act..... but I have managed to get my rhythmically diluted soil conditioners through Demeter's biodynamic and organic certification process and am going to make the remedies available under that banner.
Mark
Site Admin

Post by Mark »

Just to confirm that Dr Waris now has some of his preparations fully legal in Pakistan by having trials done by the authorities and demonstrating efficacy, and dealing with the question of residues etc. You can get to his information elsewhere in this forum or by www.wspharmacy.com
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic