Esoteric - exoteric

Research publications concerning biodynamics
Mark
Site Admin

Esoteric - exoteric

The Biodynamic Movement: The Complexity of Being Both Esoteric and Exoteric

Andrew Lorand

The following is both a response to Walter Goldstein's article “The Biodynamic Movement: Where Have We Been, Where Are We Going?” (BIODYNAMICS Number 232) and an attempt to offer further points of reference and reflection.

An invitation to reflect and collaborate anewOur friend and colleague, Walter Goldstein, offered us a wonderful beginning for a new dialogue on the ‘state of affairs’ in the biodynamic movement (with particular reference to North America) in his recent article. I believe we all owe him a not-so-small debt of thanks for his courage and outspoken effort to bring our attention to our own organizational purposes, practices and prospects. I was touched not only by his candor and willingness to breach some essential issues, but also by his willingness to go out on a limb and offer some perspectives on what is needed.

In that same spirit, acknowledging as Walter did that each of us has a limited perspective, the following is my initial contribution to our budding self-reflection as a movement. It can be but one person's reflection and lays no claim to comprehensiveness. I too offer my candid words in the hope that it will stimulate fruitful discussion.