Enzo on Enzo

For english-speaking members of Arca della Vita who work with trinium (formerly 'homeodynamic') agriculture.
Mark
Site Admin

Enzo on Enzo

https://enzonastati.it/agricoltura.html

GOOD MORNING ENZO, WOULD YOU LIKE TO TELL US HOW YOUR PASSION FOR AGRICULTURE WAS BORN?

Good morning to those who arrived here.

I started dealing with ecological agriculture 45 years ago starting with the first studies of biodynamic agriculture. We were about eighty all over Italy and when I met another person who had the same interests, I hugged him as if he were a brother. This is to say that there were not as many training tools as now, there was only Rudolf Steiner's text "Spiritual scientific foundations for the advancement of agriculture", the text that is normally called "Koberwiz Course" from the name of the place in which the course was held.

My interests at the time were very oriented towards oriental studies (acupuncture, reflexology, martial arts, macrobiotics) and therefore at the beginning the spiritual vision brought by Steiner gave me, so to speak, a little annoyance. But life has decided otherwise.

HOW IS YOUR PASSION FOR THE LAND AND BIODYNAMIC AGRICULTURE BORN?

The passion for the land was born when I bought a small house with a small garden and I started growing the first plants.
In the meantime, I continued to study Steiner's agriculture course.

I lived in Trieste and in Trieste there is a particular wind called bora, which I had the pleasure of knowing even at 180 kilometers per hour.
A very special moment was when, after sowing a few thousand square meters of green beans, the bora arrived. The bean plants were practically defoliated and of them only a slender stem remained. All the crops were lost. I armed myself with courage and sprinkled the biodynamic product based on valerian (a preparation that brings heat and therefore regeneration). To my delight, the beans remade the leaves and then the flowers and I was able to make a good harvest of beans. This was repeated on other occasions as well.

Another moment that profoundly changed my life choices was when I was managing a field in the hills and, in the lower part, the soil was very very poor. So I decided to sow barley. In June the barley in the upper part of the field was "normal" while in the lower part it was only a span high, with a spikelet of no more than 2-3 cm: practically nothing! I then dynamized the biodynamic horn-manure preparation and sprinkled it on the barley. After a week all the barley plants were the same height and I was able to harvest. This in agronomy simply ... does not exist!
I therefore found myself faced with experiences, made by me personally and verified by me, which were shocking for agronomic practice. From these experiences came the impulse to deepen more and more biodynamic preparations and, subsequently, also to take the first steps within the Italian biodynamic association.

WHY DID YOU DECIDE TO INTEGRATE THE TECHNIQUES OF HOMEOPATHY TO BIODYNAMIC AGRICULTURE?

Everything was fine, agriculture had become my main activity when the Chernobyl disaster happened. After the Chernobyl event, almost forty years ago, I saw that it was as if the biodynamic preparations no longer worked: the plants did not respond. The question immediately arose of what to do.

I therefore began to study a homeopathization process of biodynamic preparations and to set up the first natural-based remedies, always with homeopathy, for our plants. I must confess that I have made many mistakes but I must also say that, as we go through and experience these mistakes, the path has become increasingly clear.

The fact of using biodynamic preparations in a homeopathic way has meant that the Association for Biodynamic Agriculture excluded me from the list of biodynamic. As they say ... "I made up my mind" and I continued my studies and my path.

HOW DID YOUR BUSINESS DEVELOP THEN ?

This led me to develop other initiatives in the agricultural field and, above all, thestudy of the agricultural organism, that is, the study of associations and rotations not only among annual plants but also among trees. These studies were then extended to animal husbandry with good results. All this has led to the preparation of products that were previously in liquid format to facilitate processing in the field.

An important step was taken in 2000 with the restoration of a GMO corn to organic conditions, and this by acting homeopathically at the moment of flowering and thus enhancing the "key-lock" system thanks to which a flower recognizes incoming pollen. We sowed GMO corn interleaved with rows of organic corn and, at harvest, we had the absolute dominance of organic corn and the GMO was reduced to 2%. This was a great satisfaction accompanied by disappointment because the organic movement, the "green" parties and the trade associations, which at the time talked so much about stemming the advance of GMOs, did not want to accept this work.

But life goes on.

We have therefore created an agricultural cooperative and we have increasingly dedicated ourselves to researching and experimenting with new products and new working methods in agriculture. We have expanded our work to increase the resistance of plants to adverse climatic conditions (cold, wind, arid, too much rain) with more than satisfactory results (for example producing corn with only 30% watering or producing salads and fennel down to -12 °C).

The research also extended to the production of vines, peaches, apple trees and more resistant to pathologies, and even here the results, after a lot of work, have been seen. Another work was to bring back pure line F1 hybrids. This work was crowned with the success of transforming a pure line F1 melon, resulting in a plant that produces 11-12 melons with a sugar content increased by 10%.

I only mention the creation of products to avoid cross-pollination, to increase the sugar yield in plants, to increase tillering in cereals, to raise cereals (wheat and corn) when they undergo entrapment.

At a certain point the need arose to give another structure to our work and therefore the company Widdar Srl was born in 2015 with the aim of distributing the resulting agricultural products matured in many and many years of study and experience.

CURRENTLY THE PLANTS ARE FACING MORE ADVERSE CLIMATIC CONDITIONS THAN THE PAST, IS THERE A SOLUTION?

Over the years, the need for a more in-depth study has arisen to create protection against adverse climatic conditions. The first action was regarding the windiness, reducing the effect of the wind on the plants, and then the arid. I am convinced that the water problem will increasingly be one of the great problems of all humanity. For this purpose we have also studied water revitalizers that allow water savings of about 20-25%. This, combined with a treatment that we do on the seed aimed at stimulating resistance to arid, can allow you to cultivate with about 40-50% less water. As mentioned, in our experimental fields (where not only the plants but the soil itself is purified and sensitive to subtle messages and well connected to the forces of Life, thanks to the work of many years) we have come even further in reducing waterlogging. We have limited the damage caused by frost and hail, allowing the harvest to be recovered. To work on the wind instead we use the agricultural organism.

WHAT IS THE AGRICULTURAL ORGANISM?

An element to be developed in today's agriculture is certainly the study of agricultural organisms. Agriculture must be seen as a projection on earth of the forces of life and therefore must represent all those organs of life that are present in the cosmos. I have called them "organs of life" not to mention planets and constellations. Just as the human body is made up of multiple organs, and each organ represents a specific function, so every farm should have all the major organs represented in it, which is very rarely the case. We all know what it means to have a hypertrophic or hypotrophic organ.

The garden represents the strength of the Moon, the fruit bearer represents the air-light element and, according to the type of fruit bearer, represents the forces of the various planets; the wood represents the element of fire in its various aspects and functions (fire of Saturn, the fire of Jupiter, the fire of Mars, etc.), the shrub represents the forces of Mars and Mercury.

The animal world is the one that should interpenetrate everything with all its various aspects.

This study is extremely interesting because nowadays monoculture dominates and even in organic farming there is often too limited a rotation which in fact is like having an organism with one or two or at most three functioning organs: it is clear that this has consequences and that these consequences are called pathologies.

The study of these rotations and associations, and therefore the understanding of the forces lacking in the agricultural organism, we have transformed into various products or devices that allow you to have these forces even without having, for example, a forest on the farm because, even if you decides to plant it, it would take 15-20 years to fully act.

IN ALL THIS HOW DOES YOUR WORK ON DEPOLLUTION?

The last element that I want to mention here but which is actually the most important is that of depollution. It is unthinkable to practice ecological, organic agriculture or any name you want to give it in a polluted environment. The plant is prevented, especially in the germination phase, from communicating with the forces of life, with easily imaginable consequences. If you do not want to resort to "drugged" agriculture, as is ordinary agriculture today, the first action to do is therefore to clean up the soil. De-polluting the soil is a rather complicated issue which, however, has allowed us to obtain good results starting right from the time of Chernobyl when, with a product based on mushrooms, the presence of Cesium 137 (half life 20.5 years) was reduced by 40%. Other experiences that we have accumulated in various fields have allowed us to create depolluting products that, if there are not particularly difficult conditions, in 15-20 days it is possible to clean up a field. Finally, let us not forget the pollution produced by electromagnetic fields and other types of radiation.

WHAT IS THE FUNDAMENTAL MESSAGE THEN?

After so many years of work and experience, the awareness that life is a unity to be taken into due account is growing more and more. Life with a capital "L" is the basis of everything and therefore the farmer's job becomes more and more that of being a collaborator of this Life. It is a question of investigating Life itself and no longer just the tools that allow its manifestation. This study allows us to recognize three fundamental aspects of Life: Cosmic Life as the universal matrix from which everything originates, Earthly Life as the matrix of Mother Earth that allows the manifestation on the ground of all forms of Life and finally of Life as a continuous exchange. between these two poles, namely the mercurial matrix, the therapeutic matrix.

By developing this simple thought, a whole series of consequences can arise. The first, for example, is that a plant must have a strong root system (and this is always lacking in our fruit trees) and therefore the connection with the earthly matrix is ​​increasingly lacking. To reconnect to the mercurial-therapeutic matrix, the trunk must be well developed and not have an ever lower scaffolding of the first branches as it does today, and finally the crown to connect to the cosmic matrix is ​​well pruned in a specific way as recommended by us, resulting in a greater connection of about ten times with the cosmic matrix.

These thoughts have been further developed and are the work front on which we are now working.

Connecting with Life, putting your hands in plants, in the flow of Life, preparing for the environmental and climatic events that await us in order to produce healthy, productive plants, resistant to diseases for today and tomorrow, plants that therefore become a food that favors in the user the same healthy and evolutionary connections and therefore his path towards ever greater expansion and interpenetration with the forces of Life.